Christmas is a great time to entertain. Your home is decorated & it’s fun to connect & visit with family & friends. I know many women are intimidated To help simplify entertaining for you, here are 10 tips from this month’s issue of Simple Joy e-zine:
10 Step Guide to a Low Stress Holiday Entertaining
- Attend Your Own Party: Follow these steps in order to be a guest at your own event.
- Plan Your Guest List: Remember…it’s about the people, not the event. Always begin with the guest list.
- Plan Your Event: Once you know how many are coming, you can determine what type of event works best: sit down dinner, buffet, cocktail party, open house, etc.
- Plan Your Menu: Now you need to decide what to serve. Your menu is determined by your guests and your event. The menu is the cart; your guest list is the horse. Do Not confuse the two.
- Determine What Needs to Be Done: Take time to create a list of all the things to be done to prepare for your event. Include shopping lists as well.
- Decide What You Want to Do: Select two or three things from the list that you WANT to do.
- Delegate the Rest: Assign the remaining tasks to other people. When guests ask if they can do anything or bring anything, always say YES!
- Take a Nap: Begin transformation from hostess to guest by taking a relaxing nap. If you can’t sleep, then just relax.
- Take a Bath: Now is not the time for a quick shower. Take the time for a long luxurious bath. Engage all your senses as you bathe with candles, music, fragrant bath products, lotions and chocolate.
- Take a Deep Breath: When the door bell announces your first guests, take a deep breath and smile. The Queen is in the house and she is entertaining.
Get into the Holiday spirit with these Christmas crafts for kids. Oh, I know it’s still a bit early but Thanksgiving falls late again this year, leaving us less time to prepare for Christmas. Also, you must begin early if you are making any Christmas gifts. these crafts can be made by you FOR kids or by kids themselves to give as gifts to family & friends. From BHG
Kids’ Christmas Crafts
Kids are always so excited during the Holiday season. As the song says, they know that Santa’s on his way! And they can hardly wait! This year, give your kids a taste of Santa early when your family creates these fun Santa crafts. BHG has found ways to share the Jolly Old Elf throughout your home. Just the thing to make the kids happy until Christmas. And remember, at Christmas, we’re all kids!
Do you & your family make Christmas crafts? What are your favorites? Please share your craft projects with us!
Fall has arrived. October is here. Halloween will soon be knocking at your door! When Halloween comes knocking (along with the trick or treaters!) make sure your home is ready to welcome it! Country Living has a bevy of ways to spruce up your home for the ghosts & goblins that may pay a call!
Time to get ready for all the ghosties & goblins coming to your home on Halloween night! I love decorating for Halloween. Just enough to make it spooky without scaring the little ones away. Midwest Living offers some ideas to help you get your home ready for Halloween! It’s easy to decorate your home, inside & out, without spending a lot of money! Have fun!
30 Halloween Decorating Ideas
There’s still time to turn your home into a haunted mansion for Halloween. And you don’t need to spend a fortune doing it! Country Living offers a HUGE selection of DIY Halloween craft projects that you can use throughout your home! Select a few for this year. Then, save the info so you can go all out next year!